Do you like your cookies chewy? These simple Paleo chocolate chip cookies have a tempting texture that may force you to shift your willpower into overdrive!
I made these cookies last night. I put them in an air-tight container and stuck it in the freezer. They became crispy which works well, too.
Truth be told, I like my chocolate chip cookies however I can get them.
The shredded coconut adds more to the texture of the cookie rather than giving it a coconutty taste. Although, I might not be able to taste it so much because I eat boatloads of coconut products and I’m immune to the flavor! This is a possibility.
I want to note here that you should be careful what kind of vanilla you buy. Don’t use the imitation vanilla products or the kinds that contain corn syrup. They should only have real vanilla and alcohol.
I recently found this post at averie cooks on homemade vanilla extract that I want to try out. I go through so much of the stuff and it’s pretty expensive. I’d love to have big bottles of vanilla that go on forever.
I used a cup of chocolate chips, and as you can see the cookies aren’t loaded. If you want more chocolate chips, feel free to adjust accordingly.
Oh, and I’m pretty sure this recipe made about two-dozen Paleo chocolate chip cookies. I have a bad habit of chowing down before I count. Oops!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla, and egg yolks.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk together until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Use a tablespoon to scoop batter, about two inches apart, onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 13 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on wire racks.