This is a moist Paleo chocolate cake that is really good with a chocolate glaze. If you add the glaze, refrigerate it after you spread it onto the cake until it hardens a bit. It comes out like Magic Shell, only it’s something you’d eat.
If you do dairy, whip up some heavy whipping cream and add one teaspoon each of raw honey and vanilla. You can adjust those measurements according to your taste. If you do the whipped cream, make sure you do it right before serving or it will become a mess. Or, you might be able to put it in the freezer if you do it a couple of hours ahead of time. I haven’t tried that out, but I think I might. That actually sounds pretty good. I will have to get back to you on that one.
This is for only one layer, so keep that in mind if you want a layer cake.
Paleo Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over low heat, melt the chocolate chips in coconut oil.
- Allow this chocolate mixture to come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and coconut milk.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the coconut flour mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk together until the lumps are pretty well worked out.
- Add to a well-greased 9×9 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
© Liz Davis If CaveMom Baked Cookies 2012 | Paleo Chocolate Cake