The promise of Paleo banana chocolate chip muffins in the near future is always a good reason to buy a few bananas too many. This is a pretty simple recipe that can be whipped up in a flash.
The addition of chocolate chips is not necessary, or totally necessary, depending on how you look at it. You may also use berries of some sort.
Yields 7 muffins.
Paleo Muffins: Banana Chocolate Chip
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup gluten-free chocolate chips or broken gluten-free dark chocolate bar
- optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, salt, and baking soda
- Combine eggs, vinegar, honey, coconut oil, and mashed banana
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture
- Fold in optional ingredients, if using
- Spoon into a lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Enjoy!
© Liz Davis If CaveMom Baked Cookies 2012 | Paleo Muffins: Banana Chocolate Chip